Day 01: Arrival at Haridwar
Kuari pass, cradled in the heart of snow capped Garhwal Himalayas with full of extensive panoramic views of Himalayas, is in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand in India. Situated at an altitude of 3,565 meters above the sea level, it is popularly known as Curzon's Trail. This is because, in 1905, Lord Curzon had undertaken a trek to this beautiful pass. Kuari pass is probably the best window to view higher Himalayan peaks. Facing north, the vision sweeps from the gorges of Trishul in the east to the peaks of Kedarnath in the west.
As one approaches the pass, glory of tall and majestic Himalayan peaks can be clearly seen, forming a stunning arc. Views of famous peaks like Nanda Devi, Dronagiri, Bethartoli, Hathi-Ghoda Parvat are some glorious peak which can be seen.
Around 6 am, assemble at Haridwar Railway Station. Begin a long distance, uphill drive from Haridwar to Joshimath. We will be passing by four of Prayag or the holy confluences of Ganga—Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnprayag and Nandprayag Along the way, a small haults everywhere to witness the holy confluence of Ganges. Arrive at Joshimath. You’ve the choice of overnight stay in Guest house.
Today begins with a short 12km drive to Dhak Village, which is the start point of the trek. The meandering trail from here has gradual ascents and several shepherd trails. Take a look down below to watch the Dhauli Ganga River force its way to the nearby hydro power plant. Follow the trail to cross dense forests of oak, deodar, and rhododendrons. At the end of the descent is Chitrakhana, your first campsite. This is an impressive snow-capped ridge with views of the Chaukhambha peak. Replenish water supply from a nearby stream. Pitch tents. Retire for the day
Start your day early with warm up exercises followed by a wholesome breakfast. Today, you’ll trek for 6 km to scale heights up to 3,500m. An interesting and magnificent trail taking you through dense mountain forests filled with rhododendrons, spruce, and silver birch before reaching a prominent ridge. An uphill trek for around 3 km opens to lush meadows where you’ll find well defined tracks from a place called Tapovan. Back to Campsite in Tali
En route cross the famous Bugyal (meadows) of Gorson and will also get views of the route leading to the famous Nanda Devi sanctuary, along the Rishi Ganga. It is a gradual descent to Auli down through woods and pastures and we meet our vehicle waiting for us at Auli to drive us to Joshimath which, although having none of the elegance of its sister hill resorts, does have a charm and beauty of its own. It is the site where the famous Adi Guru Shankracharya attained enlightenment before beginning his campaign for the unification of India and the revitalization of Hinduism.
Leave Joshimath early for your return journey to Rishikesh. This will be the last leg of your trip to the mountains. Take along a large pile of unforgettable memories in this Kuari Pass Trek, by evening we will be reaching to Rishikesh. Stay in campsite/Lodge.
Early morning drive from Rishikesh to Mussoorie View Dehradun. Evening Visit to Mall Road and Overnight stay in Mussoorie.
After Breakfast check out from the Mussoorie Hotel and drop to Haridwar Railway Station.
Do and Don’ts
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult a physician, before undertaking the trek
- Carry basic medicines and a first-aid kit during the trek
- Do not encourage littering on the trails
Note: Normally our company expects to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs.500/- extra per day per bag.
If cancellation made 15 - 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
If cancellation made within 0 -15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
|Hotel Location||Hotel Name||Category|
• Per person prices associated with the packages are applicable with twin sharing basis only(means 2 persons sharing the service e.g. in case of hotels,twin sharing means 2 persons sharing a room).
• Customer please notice here that hotel rooms and airline ticket booking are totally dependent on the availability of rooms and airplane seats ,respectively,at the time of booking.
• If some case arises,where there is found unavailability among the listed hotels,then LiketoTrip.com will make arrangement of some alternate accommodation with the amenities similar to that of listed hotels.
• The Check-in and Check-out times will be considered the final as mentioned under the respective hotel policies.
• It is worth mentioning here that transportation will be facilitated totally in accordance with itinerary and not at user disposal.
• LiketoTrip.com does not provide any holiday or travel insurance related service,thus customer is requested to purchase the same of his own.
• LiketoTrip.com takes utmost care to ensure the quality of services,that provided via third parties like hotels,airlines etc.But disclaims any liability for any unfortunate abasement,like any travel delays or inefficient hotel services.
• LiketoTrip.com is here to make the travel arrangements for its customers and in no way can be considered liable for any slip ups or miscues made by the customer that may cause any harm to the customer’s personal property.
• User is suggested to refer to our Cancellation Policy section for any booking cancellation or refund related queries.
• All the information available on the website is acquired from various accommodation and transport service providers and prepared and verified afterwards with utmost care prior to its presentation on the website,liketotrip.com does not claim any responsibility in case the available information contains any probable discrepancies.
• Liketotrip.com hereby affirms that being a travel portal,we only act as inter-mediators between the customer and those providing travel services,therefore if there found difference in the quality of service between that published about the service provider and the actual provided on the spot,liketotrip.com shall not be considered responsible.
• User should take into account is the variation in price associated with the services available on the website. Price is an entity is attributed to so many factors and thus liable to vary in accordance with the change in any taxation policy,fluctuations in the stock prices and most importantly on the timing of booking. Thus liketotrip.com disclaims any liability behind any instant or gradual increment in the price of flights or accommodation charges.Adding to it user is bound to pay the varied price of related service.
• Any dispute ,related to the procurement of services or for some other probable reasons,shall be taken to the courts in Karnal,India under exclusive jurisdiction.
• If cancelled 40 days or more before departure: 10% of the package price would be retained as cancellation fee
• If cancelled 30 to 39 days before departure: 20% of the package price would be retained as cancellation fee
• If cancelled 20 to 29 days before departure: 30% of the package price would be retained as cancellation fee
• If cancelled 15 days or less before departure: 100% of the package price would be retained as cancellation fee
• No shows: 100% of the package price would be retained as cancellation fee