Temperature: Day: 12 to 18°C and Night: 2 to 7°C
Trekking Distance: 54km
Maximum Altitude: 9,921 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Railway Station: Dehradun Railway station is the nearest railway station
Last ATM: Uttarkashi
About the Destination:
Dodital is a freshwater lake in Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand, India, situated at a height of 9,921ft above sea level. According to one of the popular legends Lord Ganesha chose this place as his abode. There is a temple devoted to Lord Ganesha here. Another name for this lake is 'Dhundital' meaning Ganesha ka tal or lake of Ganesha local river named Assi Ganga rises from Dodital and joins Bhagirathi. The confluence is at Gangotri.
This is a mostly gentle trek, with overnight halt options at the village of Agora or Bebra. At Agora, which is 6 km from Sangamchatti, one can stay at one of the private lodges or alternatively, camp at Bebra which is 8 km from Sangamchatti. From there one can start the second leg of the trek the next day which will take you to Dodital via the small summer settlement of Manjhi.
Dodital lake is beautiful campsite surrounded by dense Pine and Oak tree Jungles, seems that jungle is preserving the beauty of lake, the entire site is rich in flora and fauna , One can explore the beautiful birds around the year the birds like Himalayan whistling Thrush, Himalayan tree Pie, Himalayan Monal , Grey Shrike and many more .
This trek can be easily done by beginners.
- Glimpses of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini peak glacier during your trek.
- Enjoy camping at under the billions of stars and widely spread alpine meadow.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region.
- During your trek you will also trek through Verdant Valley: Assi Ganga Valley, Bhagirathi
valley and Yamuna valley.
- Capture mountains; this is the perfect place for taking wonderful photographs.
- Local cultural glimpse.
- Stay in Lodge and Tents
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- All meals during the trek (Breakfast, Packed lunch and dinner, only veg).
- Trekking Permits/Forest Fees.
- Trek equipment’s: Tent, Mattress, Sleeping Bag, Dining & Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent,
- First aid medical kits.
- Guide Allowances, Food and Stay.
- Potters (Potters will be only for trekking equipments).
- Kitchen Staff Allowances, Food and Stay.
- Cook Allowances, Food and Stay.